Sunday, June 27, 2010

What have I become???




I've always wanted to be different (just like everybody else) but  was left incapacitated whenever someone  asked  " kid , what do you wanna be in life ?? " and this kid had no clue, neither then nor has he now . With no other alternative pick ,I finally decided to grow up (as if i could do something about it) and surrendered to the mighty kismet .Gave my 10th exams but was again confronted by a situation which demanded hell lot of a mind boggling. What stream to choose? I was literally made to understand "the importance of this decision " by every other person who was elder to me or considered himself/herself more mature. But I thought, this whole concept is a fallacy in the first place. Come on fellas!! you are asking a kid ,something that even adults dread of. It was one of those times when i felt Is this whole world crazy or is it just that I am extra intelligent?

Finally, settled with NON - MED science .Couldn't even flirt with idea of choosing Commerce or Arts.Reason: All my friends were taking up Science. It was like Science is cool and if you stray away, you are not a man. Now, how can a guy like me, who never tasted respect anywhere else , be disloyal to his friends.That is the age when you make many friends  and suddenly they seem to be the most important thing in your life. 

I was in 11th now, friends told me that this isn't going to suffice. One also needs to join a coaching institute (for engg.). By this time, i had understood, life has been playing a river to me and i had no choice but to go with the flow. So i did, indeed going drowning with flow , joined an institute.The same one that my friends had joined. Next two years were like hell. Couldn't do anything. My studies at the fucking institute got messed up. Was equally terrible at school. You know what happens when you try to fool around  with two girlfriends simultaneously. (ahh. terrible analogy!! )  A lesson was there to be learnt.

Eventually, ended up with a not-so-good engg. college.Can't express the depression I went through knowing that none of my friends are in my to-be college.

Anyhow,time passed.Presently, I am in year 3 of 4 of my engineering course. By now, i kind of developed a liking for what i am doing...Things have changed. I am no more an immature kid who just don't has a thinking of his own.  My friends don't indirectly take decisions for me now. Well, i have figured out what i want to do in life. I want to be a software engineer. The Kid has finally grown up!!!

Yesterday, i had a conversation with one of dad's friends which somewhat went like this..


Uncle: "hey son, how are you doing with your studies??"

me: "I am doing pretty good... I like it finally."

Uncle : "okay! that's good ! . I am so happy for you. My boy is going to be a software geek...haha"

me: "Let's see .."

Uncle: "what ?? "

me: "The thing is that I have joined a coaching institute for MBA exams preparation...."

Uncle : ohh. i see... but I thought you were sure that you wanna be a software engineer??

me : "Ummmm.. now i want to be a manager. MBA is cool. All my friends are doing it... and may be i dont like engineering that much....."

No comments: